January.6.2013: Make Your Shave Last Longer and Rid Dark Underarm Skin

So I recently discovered this awesome trick to get a closer shave that last longer and thought I would share it with all of you because I swear by this! The key is Exfoliation. I'm not sure where I read about this trick but I decided to give it a try and I haven't looked back since.

Steps:
1. Shower for 10 minutes so that your pores open and your skin is soft and soaked
2. Dispense a good amount of shower scrub in your hand (I use St.Ives Apricot Scrub but anything will work) apply to your legs and rub in a circular motion.
Don't be too gentle because the skin on your legs isn't very sensitive and you want to make sure you get rid of all the old/dead skin as well as any other dirt or oils that have collected on your skin since your last shower. 
3. Now when you go to shave the razor will be cutting the hair closer to the base of your skin instead of layers dead skin first making your shave last longer.

Underarm Skin
For some, no matter how often you shave your underarms the skin remains dark. This can be can make you feel self conscious especially during swimsuit season or anytime your wearing a sleeveless shirt. The dark skin is usually caused by a buildup of dead skin cells trapped by deodorant. Even if you don't have dark underarm skin your armpit region is still a haven for deodorant and bacterial buildupDo once or twice a week to avoid irritation from excessive scrubbing. By exfoliating your underarm your removing layers of dead skin and old deodorant exposing fresh skin so your razor will cut the hair closer to your skin. Do once or twice a week to avoid irritation from excessive scrubbing.


I hope this helps! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment