January.13.2013: Stila "in the know" Palette

I've recently been going on a makeup bender and thought I would do some reviews on my haul. I've really been into matte eyeshadows lately and I came across this all matte palette and had to buy it!
--> bought at Ulta for $39

The palette comes with 10 eyeshadows and a Stila smudge stick waterproof eyeliner in halfmoon (dark grey).
I was  surprised with the cheap packaging of the palette as it is literally just thick coated paper making it seem cheap. For $39 I kind of expected more. 
The smudge stick that came with the palette I bought was also broken which is really disappointing. As much as I twisted nothing would come out. So I just emailed Stila to see if they'll replace it for me. 

I primed my hand with Urban Decay Primer potion before applying the eyeshadows. As you can see the the first two colors (Air and Wind) don't really show up at all but I did find that Wind did apply nicely even tho you can't see it. However, I do believe these light colors would come in handy on top of a white eyelid primer for a neutral white look like the NYX jumbo eye pencil in "Milk" which I also bought so make it last longer/not smudge. 
- Clay: Didn't show up well on my hand but applied nicely to my lid. Its a pink-tan color (pic below)
- Desert: peachy tan color
- Ebony:  dark dark grey but not black
* the rest of the colors look how they swatch



This is the first look I did with the palette. I used Clay from my inner corner to the middle of my lid and blended Rain from the outside of my lid to the middle. 
* I thought Clay with the peachy-coral look would make my blue eyes pop and it really worked!








Extras:
When I first opened the palette some of the names made me laugh. They named almost all of the colors after elements like wind, fire, earth, air, rain so when I came upon "driftwood" I actually laughed-out-loud because it just seemed so random. 

No comments:

Post a Comment