January.4.2013: Homemade Lip Exfoliating Scrub

Exfoliating my lips has become part of my weekly routine especially during the winter when the air is dry so I thought I would post an easy DIY tutorial on how to make your own lip scrub.
Ingredients:
Sugar - used as the exfoliator ( I prefer fine brown sugar because it's a more gently abrasive)
Honey - antibacterial properties will make your scrub thicker as well
Olive Oil - great moisturizing agent
Lime/Lemon - are Alpha Hydroxyl Acids which help with the removal and exfoliation of the dead skin




1. Mix together Sugar (1 Tsp), Honey (or Olive Oil), and Lime juice in a bowl together.

* I prefer to use honey because it makes the mixture thicker and much easier to apply to the lips
2. Use a warm wash cloth to soften/loosen up the dry skin on your lips

3. Apply mixture to lips with fingers and rub in a circular motion


4. Rinse off scrub

5. Apply your favorite lip balm
* exfoliation will also help with lipstick application. Since lipstick tends to cling to dry patches exfoliating your lips before wearing lipstick is a great idea!


Do 1-2 times a week maybe 3 if your lips really need it

No comments:

Post a Comment