January.20.2013: Teal and Purple Bright Eyeshadow Look

As many of you can probably relate I feel I'm a bit addicted to watching makeup tutorials on youtube. The looks some people can create are so awesome to watch! After watching probably hundreds of these videos in my lifetime I've never really tried to recreate any of the looks. This is mostly because the tutorialists usually use high-end makeup that I neither own or care to spend a bunch of money on. What I like about the iheartmakeup92's channel is that she always uses affordable/cheap makeup so check it out if thats something that interests you! Today I decided to recreate her Mermaid inspired makeup look (link below). 



It was after watching this tutorial that I decided to buy the NYX Jumbo pencil in "Milk" which is really a great base for colorful makeup looks because it applies smoothly and the finish is tacky making the color stay in place with no fall out! :)
The finished look by iheartmakeup92
1. Apply the NYX jumbo pencil and patted it with my finger for even application.

2. Take a a light teal color. 
*I used a darker teal because I didn't have a lighter one
( I used my coastal scents 88 palette for this whole look $11 on coastalscents.com)



3. I applied the teal eyeshadow all over my lid

4. Applied dark purple eyeshadow to the outer corner of my lid and blended it toward the center





5. Applied black liquid eyeliner to the top of my lid

6. Used a wetted Q-tip to wipe off the excess purple eyeshadow from under the winged out portion of the eyeliner





7. Applied 2 layers of mascara to my top and bottom lashes

8. THE FINISHED LOOK!
* came out similar to iheartmakeup92's look not identical but I think I did a pretty good job. The only thing I would do differently next time is to not extend the teal eyeshadow all the way to the outer corner of you lid because it showed through underneath the purple. When I saw the video I didn't think the look would be daytime wearable but It actually is so don't worry about it being too loud.

5 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful, the colours are so pretty together i love this :) I will definitely refer back to this post when summer comes around to do this look :) thanks for taking the time to post this x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment! It really made me feel good! :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous ! ^.^
    please would you check my blog ?
    makeupbymimiii.blogspot.com
    would really appreciate it :*
    xoxo
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've checked it out a couple times. Great work! the Makeup Forever Liquid blushes sound very interesting!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous colors,can't wait for the spring and I'll be defiantly trying this out x

    http://thoughtwithlove.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete