January.28.2013: CoverGirl & Revlon Lipstain

Over the summer i went through the lipstain fad and purchased 5 lipstains mainly CoverGirl but one Revlon and thought I would do a review for anyone who's thinking of purchasing them. I always wish people would swatch lipstains and lipsticks on there lips so you could really see how the color turns out so thats exactly what I've done. 

Application: It's much like drawing on your lips with a think felt tip pen. All the colors are very build-able so you can make the colors lighter or darker. It's also a bit challenging to create an even color because the lipstain clings to the dryer areas.

* You should also avoid eating for drinking for at least a an hour after application so the color really has time to soak in.



lips without any color

435:  two hours after application

435: nice light red color. Had the best staying power out of all the colors




420: Light pink color. Almost too light to really be worth buying because it only shows after you've layered on the color.



445: This is my favorite color. Although, you can't really tell from the picture the color is a pink-mauve brownish color which for some reason goes very well with my complexion
After a couple hours. But I don't
think I wait long enough before
eating and drinking

450: Deep plum red. Such a pretty color but didn't have good staying power



005/"Crush Béguin": Revlon.Dark pink color. Applies very creamy with a minty finish


005: after about two hours

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kat! I have nominated your lovely blog for the Liebster Award! Check back to my blog for more details :) xxx

    katieclarkemakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete