December.26.2012: Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette Review

Why I like it:
The main reason I like this palette is because it contains a green-toned neutralizer. The neutralizer helps cover up any redness or red-marks from blemishes on your face.It does this by being the opposing color to red on the color wheel. So green cancels out red basically. This really came in handy last week when I had red cystic acne on my face. I found that the product also works well with covering dry skin because its cream based. 
Cons:  
What I didn't like about this palette was the two other cream concealers that came with it. With it being winter time my skin has become quite fair so both concealers did a terrible job blending with my skin. The lighter concealer appears very yellow while the darker cream concealer shows up very orange; both matching my skin horribly. 
*Notice how red and green are
across from each other. 
Application:
I use my finger to gently pat on the neutralizer on my problem areas and blend it into my skin. Because it still looks pretty green I then cover my face with my liquid foundation (Almay Clear Complexion liquid foundation in Bluff 200). I usually don't prefer to use liquid foundation but I'm having a bad face week so I needed something with medium to full coverage. 
Under-Eye Coverage:
Because green and blue are next to each other on the color wheel using the neutralizer as an under-eye concealer would only add to your dark circles more apparent. So you want something with an a more yellow or peachy tone. I tried using the lighter cream concealer, that came with this palette, on my dark circles it ended up looking very chalky.
Final Verdict:
For the most part I am pretty disappointed in this product. I bought this product from Target for $10.49 and since I only use 1/4 of the product I slightly regret the purchase. I believe this palette is also considerably overpriced for the small amount of product that is included.
Before and After:
**Sorry for the semi-awkward photos :/
1. My face without any makeup
2. After I patted the neutralizer onto my problem areas
3. After I applied my liquid foundation to my face (also added more neutralizer around my nose)

No comments:

Post a Comment